Online Marketing Tactics
In the last issue we talked about article marketing and how to use it to promote your business, products and services. In this issue we are going to talk about using link building as an online traffic tactic. Link building is the process of building quality, relevant links to your website, which in turn helps your webpages achieve higher ranking in the search engines and drives more traffic to your website, bog or any other page you choose, like your Facebook page or Twitter profile.
To achieve the best results you will want try and get your pages to be listed on the first page of results for your chosen keywords. For this to happen you have to get plenty of incoming links from other websites.
The first step in this process is to create and publish content whether it be articles, blog posts, tweets etc. Be sure to incorporate specifically chosen keywords and weave them into the content so that it will be nice and bate for the search engines.
By incorporating proper SEO (search engine optimization) strategies, when someone goes into a search engine to look for something that your business offers, your links will come up in the search engine results. While structure and keywords are important to keep in mind as you create and add to your website, the most important factor of good SEO for the rest of your website’s life is adding and maintaining backlinks.
Because search engines use backlinks to rate how worthwhile or valuable your site is the more sites that you have linking to your site, the better you will look to the search engines. The end result is that you move up in rank.
While the quantity of the backlinks contributes to your ranking, it is also important to make sure that you maintain high backlink quality as well. Try to avoid having backlinks from sites that have nothing to do with the topic of your website. Also, it’s better to have backlinks coming from other highly ranked sites (as long as they are related to yours).
There are several ways to go about building links.
- You can definitely do this yourself, however it can be very time consuming and extremely frustrating when you don’t understand the process completely or you don’t have time to learn it.
- You can invest in software that will do the job for you, but this can be costly, have a significant learning curve and still require a lot of time on your part.
- You can hire a someone to do it for you, just make sure that hire a reputable person for service so that you can be sure you are getting high quality, relevant links for your money.
If you decide to do your own link-building here are a few ways you can get started right away:
- Manually request links from other websites
- Submit your site manually to reputable directories
- Submit articles that link back to your site to article directories
- Participate in online forums
- Create profiles and share content on social networking sites
- Use social bookmarking sites like Digg, StumbleUpon etc.
These are just a few of the ways that you can go about increasing the number of links to your website there are many more. There is no doubt that link building is a very important online tactic to include in any marketing plan. Make sure you look for your next issue soon. We will be talking about pay per click advertising and how this powerful online marketing tactic can benefit your business.
Riccardo Proetto e Silvia Pistolesi